I’m a born-and-raised Vancouver girl turned globe-trotter.
I’m a master of navigating transitions, including ones that were:
- big leaps like moving to Germany by myself with just one suitcase and my beloved teddy bear, without knowing a soul and barely any German. Then building a life from scratch.
- unexpectedly fabulous adventures like moving to New York City with less than 24 hours notice
- uncomfortable– like moving back to my home country (no one tells you about reverse culture shock)
- blindsiding- like losing my job in the recession of 2008
- heartbreaking– like ending relationships that I thought would turn into marriage, then the joy and wonder that came from finding myself again
- empowering– like quitting my job in the middle of a pandemic to live life more purposefully (I definitely didn’t see that one coming!)
- seemingly never-ending– like learning to thrive when I have no idea what direction I am going in
- transformative– including the small, everyday, inner transitions that brought me home to myself
And here’s the secret: in the middle of all the highs, lows and upside-downs, I found out who I truly was.
I found out what I valued, and chose to live from a deeper, more aligned place.
I learned to let go of fear and control, and to open up to curiosity, wonder and joy instead.
I learned about the power of uncertainty to create my life from a place of empowerment.
In learning to ride the transitions, I learned to flow with life, trusting that it was leading to a place somewhere beyond my greatest imagination.